Navigating the tough world of dating is hard work, full of ups and downs and those embarrassing moments we’ve pushed deep down in our minds! We know not everyone can play the game as well as Strawberry & Lime and not everyone has chat up lines for days, but don’t stress! Here’s a few pointers to get your flirt on.
We’re sure your mum is always banging on about this, but it’s important to be yourself. You want someone to like you for being you, weird quirks, verbal diarrhoea and all. In the true words of Ru Paul, ‘if you don’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?’
You do you when it comes to dating, whether that’s swiping left or right, or giving it your all on the dance floor. You should go with whatever makes you feel like your best self, there’s someone out there for everyone and someone is guaranteed to love your cheesy GIFs.
We don’t want to put a downer on things, but usually dating your flatmate or someone from your friendship group might not be your best idea. It works for some, and if it does you’ve cracked it! But for the rest of us – who’s lives don’t represent an episode of Friends – it can leave tension and a whole lot of awkwardness.
First dates don’t have to be fancy, being real here, we’re all a bit skint and don’t have cash to be splashing. It’s the thought that counts and you can still have fun on a budget, Netflix and chill probably isn’t the best first date but cooking a romantic meal definitely is.
To some it comes naturally, to others it makes us do and say some weird stuff, however if you want your date to know you like them, you’ve got to get flirty. Making eye contact is a great way to show your interest, just be careful you’re not giving off crazy person vibes. Follow this with a dazzling smile and some small barely-there touches to leave your date feeling some type of way.
1. The promoter is: Global Brands Ltd (company no. 03366749) whose registered office is at Global Brands Ltd,. 5th Floor CASA, Lockoford Lane, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 7JB, UK.
2. The competition will run from 00.00Hrs on 1st April 2020 (the “Opening Date”) to 00.00 on the 8th May 2020 (the “Closing Date”)
3. All competition entries must be shared in accordance with clause 6 below by no later than 00.00 on the Closing Date. All competition entries shared after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
4. The competition is not open to any employees of Global Brands Ltd (or any subsidiary or holding company) or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition, including any agents or suppliers of the promoter or anyone helping or connected to the setting up of the competition and any such persons shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
5. The competition is open to anyone over 18 years old and resident of Great Britain (meaning the United Kingdom excluding Northern Ireland).
6. In entering the competition, you are confirming that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
7. To enter the Competition entrants must purchase a VK Mixed 10 Pack from Tesco retaining a proof of purchase, ﬁnd a winning golden ticket and contact VK with an image of the unique code & proof of purchase via Facebook @VKDrink before the Closing Date. If no Facebook account then enter by email to info@vkoﬃcial.com.
8. Between the Opening Date and the Closing Date, there is a total of 10 prizes of £250 each.
9. The golden tickets each have a unique code; once this code has been redeemed it cannot be used again.
10. The prize is: £250, sent to the winner by bank transfer or other method agreed with a winner[SR1] [CL2] .
11. The golden tickets each have a unique code; once this code has been redeemed it cannot be used again.
12. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants or where it becomes otherwise necessary to do so by notice on the website detailed in paragraph 22 as soon as possible by the promoter.
13. The promoter is not responsible for:
a. inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition;
b. competition entries that are delayed or fail to be shared online, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any internet failure, social media platform failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
c. proof of sharing, posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
14. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice[SR3] .
15. The Promoter will send the full name of the judge to anyone who writes, within one month after the Closing Date of the competition, requesting details of the judge and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out in condition 1 above.
16. The winners will be responded to by Global Brands at the earliest opportunity before the Closing Date. Proof of age will be required.
17. If you are a winner, you have 14 days from the date on which the promoter notifies you of your win to claim the prize. If you do not claim your prize in this time your claim will become invalid.
18. If the winner does not claim their prize within 14 days from the date on which the promoter notifies you of your win, the promoter reserves the right to not offer the prize to anyone else.
19. All winners must provide their name, address, postcode and contact number as well as proof of age and Great Britain residency in order to receive the prize.
20. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
22. Please see www.vkofficial.com for a copy of these competition terms and conditions.
23. Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up any of the prizes except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
24. All competition entrants & winners agree to the use of your name, image and competition entry in any publicity material, including the announcement of the winner and any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
25. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering a competition, an entrant is giving the promoter permission and granting a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format, sub-license the competition entry image and name on all of VK’s Social Media channels, including but not exclusive to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and VK’s website.
26. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.